The Doctors at Selden Medical Centre carry out work outside of the NHS contract which attracts a private fee. This includes the following:
- Medicals for HGVs, taxis, buses, fostering, adoption etc. Fees for these are around £110.00. Patients are liable for fees for certain medicals and you will be advised when making an appointment.
- Reports for insurance companies (£34.00 to £100.00)
- Disabled bus pass applications
- Copies of medical records for insurance companies, employers or solicitors (up to £50.00)
- OFSTED reports (£40.00)
- Certificates of fitness to participate (£32.00)
- To whom it may concern letters (from £15.00 to £32.00)
- Private prescriptions (£12.00)
The majority of procedures, consultations and services carried out at this surgery are paid for by the NHS. However, where additional services are provided, we are required to pass on the specific cost to patients. The type of additional, non-NHS funded services most frequently requested include:
- insurance forms
- holiday cancellation forms, medical reports
- fitness to travel certificates
- private prescriptions
- some vaccination services
Our fees for these services, which are in line with BMA approved national guidelines, are below and displayed in the surgery.
Selden Medical Centre Fees 2020 (DOCX, 21KB)
This seal indicates that we take steps to secure credit card information through Trustwave Trustkeeper.